Take a Learning Journey through Guatemala
Spend a week enjoying the richness of Guatemalan culture, history and landscape.
Share experiences with Maya Villagers in cultural exchange, and give of yourself to support our children’s literacy programs.
You’ll return with a new perspective.
Upcoming trip dates (travel days included):
- November 3-10, 2012
- April 25-May 2, 2013
- November 2-9, 2013
Mail in your deposit today to reserve your place! (Download FAQs and Registration Form below.)
Travel to Guatemala. Shuttle to the colonial town of Antigua.
Begin the day with a historical, social, and political overview of Guatemala. Travel to Lake Atitlan with a tour of Mayan ruins along the way.
Visit a rural Mayan community and get acquainted with our local team of teen reading promoters. Walking tour of the community and a chance to see the promoters
Participate with local families in activities central to daily life in the village (eg, weaving, tortilla-making, agriculture, etc).
Travel by boat across Lake Atitlan to the town of San Juan La Laguna to visit a model community library and a coffee farmers cooperative. Free afternoon in Panajachel.
Work alongside the teen reading promoters to put on a “reading fiesta” for young children in the village.
Return to Antigua, declared by the United Nations a “World Heritage City.” Enjoy a free afternoon of sightseeing, dining, and shopping in this exquisite colonial city.
Travel home via Guatemala City
- Trip Dates: November 3-10, 2012
- Cost: $1,900 per person or $3,600 for two people who register together. Approximately 50% of thetrip fee is a tax deductible donation.
- Trip Fee Includes: Hotel (assumes double-occupancy rooms), all breakfasts and lunches, private ground transportation, background materials, admission to cultural sites, and guides. For private room add $350 to registration fee.
- Payment: To secure your place on the trip send an initial 50% deposit along with your registration form (Download Registration Form). Balance due 45 days prior to departure. Make checks payable to Reading Village, 3210 15th St, Boulder, CO 80304.
- Cancellation: 100% refund if 30 days prior to scheduled departure; 50% refund if less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure.
Questions? Download FAQs 2012 or call our trip coordinator, Larry Dressler, at 303-506-3127.
- Anti Fungal
- Anti Viral
- Birth Control
- Blood Pressure
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Eye Drop
- Gastro Health
- General Health
- Hair Loss
- Hepatitis C Virus (HCV)
- Men’s ED Packs
- Men’s Health
- Mental Illness
- Motion Sickness
- Muscle Relaxant
- Pain Relief
- Quit Smoking
- Skin Care
- Sleeping Aids
- Weight Loss
- Women’s Health