Levitra is a popular generic drug for the treatment of male impotence, which in many respects surpasses other analogues. The original medicine was developed by German specialists, and this generic is an exact copy of the original branded remedy. The cost of the generic version is significantly lower due to the lack of patent protection.
Mechanism of action
During sexual arousal, a large amount of blood enters the penis tissue, causing an erect state, however, any disruption of blood vessels blocks the blood flow to the penis, causing erectile dysfunction.
The active substance vardenafil relaxes the cavernous bodies and arteries of the penis, expanding them and increasing throughput. This helps to fill the organ’s cavernous bodies with the maximum amount of blood for a natural erection.
The drug does not cause a spontaneous erection and works only during sexual arousal. After ejaculation, the penis returns to a relaxed state. The drug can be taken for episodic erectile disorders, as well as in case of complete impotence.
Instructions for use
The drug should be taken orally 20-30 minutes before sexual intercourse. The maximum dose of Levitra is 20 mg but the doctor can reduce the dosage guided by the age of the man and the individual characteristics of his body.
It is strictly forbidden to exceed the daily dosage and independently increase the recommended dose, take more than 1 tablet per day, violate other doctor’s recommendations and instructions for use.
The medicine should be washed down with water.
The drug can be combined with high-calorie foods. However, keep in mind that fatty foods delay the onset of the effect.
- Chronic diseases of the liver and kidneys (e.g., kidney or liver failure);
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- Adolescents under the age of 18;
- Heart diseases (heart failure, angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, etc.);
- Digestive disorders (for example, a stomach ulcer);
- Use of drugs that contain nitrates and nitrogen donors;
- Other diseases that may contribute to increased adverse reactions.
Before taking the medicine, we recommend that you consult your doctor.
Clinical studies have shown that Levitra causes side effects extremely rarely. Moreover, they are short-term. Therefore, most men do not experience adverse reactions. The most likely side effects are mild nausea, dizziness and minor headaches, dyspepsia, rhinitis. Such reactions were observed in 8% of cases.
Also, patients may experience lower back discomfort, drowsiness, slight visual impairment, ocular irritation, and increased blood pressure. Such reactions were manifested in only 1% of patients. It is important to emphasize that the drug does not provoke any serious adverse reactions. Symptoms such as insomnia, a rash on the skin, and a fainting state are extremely rare.
Compatibility with alcohol
It is not recommended to combine Levitra and alcohol due to the fact that alcohol reduces the effect of the drug and the effect occurs much later. This reaction is due to the fact that the liver primarily processes the ethanol present in alcohol and only then does processes vardenafil. It should be noted that the frequent use of alcoholic beverages together with vardenafil can cause pain in the right side, which indicates a malfunction in the liver. Men can also experience severe headaches and nausea.
Levitra is incompatible with organic nitrates or other NO donors, α-adrenergic receptor blockers.
Caution must be exercised when taking vardenafil-containing drugs with cytochrome P450 inhibitors (cimetidine, ketoconazole, itraconazole, indinavir, ritonavir), erythromycin.
Benefits of the drug
The most important advantage of generic Levitra include:
- Safety for men’s health! The drug is recommended even for older men (up to 75 years old!). Side effects are quite rare;
- Intensified sensations during sexual intercourse;
- Speedy action! In some cases, an erection occurs within 15-20 minutes after taking the drug. This is a very good result, which can help especially passionate lovers;
- Affordable price! The cost of generic Levitra is very low, so almost any man can afford the drug.